Monday, April 6, 2009

The Story of the Bac Ninh Book List

Some of you have asked, "What is Bac Ninh?"  This entry answers that question.

Bac Ninh is a town in the northern part of Vietnam.  I traveled to that precious place in the summer of 2006.  Some other women traveled to Bac Ninh as well.  Over the past three years, I've become very well acquainted with five of those other women.  They have welcomed me into their lives when it looked as if we had nothing in common, save our children.  They are brilliant, beautiful, and they are contributing greatly to this ever changing world in which we live.  These women are truly remarkable and I count it a great gift to have them (and their children) in my life. 

When we were all together in February, we loudly and excitedly discussed the books we were reading.  And those loud, excited discussions occurred often throughout the week.  We realized that all six of us are book enthusiasts.  One of them suggested that we all read the same books and talk about them via the Internet.  This blog is my attempt to make that happen.

A review of Gilead, sent to me by one of those remarkable women, is coming up tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for explaining that! (And I have Gilead, recommended to me by many. . . but haven't read it yet. Looking forward to you review!)

    ReplyDelete